· BSNL Postpaid customers can opt for international roaming facility.
· Roaming in over 182 countries and over 302 networks around the world.
· Security Deposit of Rs. 7500/-
· Monthly rental is Rs. 99/-
· Call charges depends on network utilized while roaming.
· 15% added towards administration charges.
· The bill will be raised by BSNL & can be paid in rupees.
Guidelines for BSNL Mobile Subscribers with International Roaming Facility
Welcome to the world of International Roaming: Now you can Roam world-wide* and stay in touch with the same BSNL Mobile Telephone Number. Please spend a minute and go through this online guide. This will guide you step by step on how to optimally utilize International Roaming Facility.
1. List of Operators and Countries : The List of Operators and Countries in whose network you can roam using the International Roaming SIM card of BSNL is available on BSNL website. Find the name of the Country in the list where you propose to visit. View the names of the Operators in the table against the name of that country. Mobile network of these operators are available for you for roaming in that country. You can view the coverage map ** of the operator’s network for precisely knowing if the mobile service of that Operator is available in the city you propose to visit in that country by browsing the link http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml in the following manner:
Click on the name of the country. Then find the name of the desired operator in that country on the website site. Click on the coverage map option under the operator’s name. The coverage map can be zoomed many fold by repeatedly clicking on it for ascertaining coverage in a given place in the country.
2. Handset required for roaming in the network of a foreign operator : Roaming in the foreign Operator’s mobile network requires you to use a compatible handset. Networks of most of the Operators world-wide operate in the same frequency band as that used by Indian GSM networks i.e. 900 / 1800 Mhz. However, many GSM mobile networks in North and South American Continents operate in 1900 Mhz. frequency band. Some networks in these continents even use 850 Mhz. frequency band. It is mandatory to ensure that your Mobile handset is capable of working in the frequency band(s) as used by the networks in the country you are visiting. For knowing the frequency band in which a network of a country operates and for examples of some compatible handsets for operation in various frequency bands, please refer to the tables. BSNL subscribers going to Japan and South Korea may note that compatible handsets are available at the Airports in these countries on rent, however, the subscriber should arrange to confirm the same on his own.
3. Procedure for selecting International Roaming option in the SIM card:-
(i) Insert the BSNL International Roaming SIM card in the mobile handset.
(ii) Switch on the handset.
(iii) Go to Cellone menu and select it.
(iv) Then go to Network menu under Cell one menu and select it.
(v) Finally select International Option out of the two options available, namely National and International.
(Note- Mobile facility would be available through this option only while you are abroad.)
(Note- While within India, keep this setting to National)
4. Problem reporting: In the unfortunate eventuality of having any difficulty in availing the International Roaming facility inspite of following the instructions as mentioned above, you may please report your problem to BSNL call center on: - +91-9400024365.
1. The credit limit of a subscriber is based on the amount of his Security deposit. Usage beyond Credit limit during the billing period would result in disconnection. As such, in case a subscriber anticipates, his usage to be higher than his credit limit during the billing period specially for his roaming abroad, he may get his credit limit enhanced by depositing additional security deposit, before hand. Subscribers may contact the person as stated in Para 4 above, for availing this facility.
2. It is the responsibility of the subscriber to ensure that his usage abroad is within the limits as prescribed by FEMA (Foreign Exchange management Act) from time to time.
* List of Operators and Countries is available on BSNL website, however, the same is subject to change without notice.
*Coverage maps of some operators may not be available on website. Moreover they are subject to change without notice.
* Quality of Service provided by a network of a country, may vary from time to time without notice.
*Tariff is subject to change from time to time.
1. Bilateral : Foreign as well as BSNL subscribers can roam in each others network.
2. In Roamers : Only foriegn subscribers can roam in BSNL network in India and not vice versa.
3. Out Roamers : Only BSNL subscribers can roam in Foreign network and not vice versa.
4. BSNL subscribers with International Roaming Facility are required to ensure that their Mobile handsets are compatible for working with the frequency as given in the table below. For Knowing model Numbers of some sample handsets and the frequency in which they operate see our website.
5. Presently, most GSM networks world wide including Indian GSM networks operate on 900 Mhz / 1800 Mhz frequency bands. 1900 / 850 Mhz frequency bands are mainly used by Operators in North and South American Continents.
6. BSNL subscribers going to Japan and South Korea may note that compatible handsets are available at the Airports in these countries on rent, however, the subscriber should arrange to confirm the same on his own.